A creamy delicious dish that will leave you craving more!
There is no other vegetable with the universal appeal of the humble potato, satisfying and always delicious. Stuffed potatoes have been here for a long time now and they are well known all over the world. In my recipe, I will be using spinach, mushroom and chunks of beef as my stuffing. This recipe is quite filling so my advice is if you are making it do it as a main course rather than an appetizer.
- 4 potatoes
- 1 cup of beef chunks
- 1 cup of mushrooms – roughly chopped
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1 large tomato – roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup of cream
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 onion sliced into circles – for some caramelised onion ring
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- Start with working on the potatoes, peel the skin of the potatoes (You may leave the skin if you’d like to) and using a corer remove the inside of the potato – you want to make sure to leave the inside as we will need it later on. The potato should not be too hollow as shown in the photo below.
- In a pan, add the chunks of beef alongside 1/2 a cup of water and cook on high heat. After 10 minutes add the mushrooms and the potato insides.Cook for another 10 minutes. You may need to add more water after 3 minutes of cooking, I added another 1/2 cup of water.
- Once the potato is softer add the spinach and diced tomato and cook for another 10 minutes then lower the heat and add the cream and let it simmer for 10-15minutes.
- In a baking tray, spread some olive oil all around the pan and add the potatoes. bake for 30 minutes on 350*F or till the potatoes form a golden outside. Remove from the oven and add the stuffing made above to each one.
- Add the cheese on top and bake for 10 minutes. You can add some caramelized onion rings and some sour cream to complete this perfect comfort meal!
Until next time, crave the dish…